Monday, June 15, 2015

Recovery is a Roller Coaster

My update over a month ago showed my mother having more energy than ever!  My mother's new kidney is functioning over 95%; however, I didn't mention that the medications and immunosuppressants cause fluctuations in her health.

She would go from being super energized one week, and the next would consist of feeling extremely sick and terrible, throwing up, and extremely fatigued.  It's a lot of being patient and staying calm, as this is supposed to be normal until she has completely healed in 6 months.

In the meantime, she is going to the doctors once a week, once every 2 weeks, once every month, and eventually once every 6 months (after she's shown to be ready in the first 6 months of assessments and tests).  Just another 3 months to go!

I've been distracting myself with fundraisers left, right and center to prepare for the big one that's to come shortly for an organization that is associated with organ donation.  Hopefully this will help future donors.

I am extremely grateful and would like to thank my family and friends for everything that they've done for me during the past several months till now, and I look forward to their continuing support.  I know that there are many who are struggling for one reason or another, and this makes me appreciate each kind act even more.

They don't know how much they've done.  They helped save a life.  I couldn't have done it on my own without the encouragement, support and help.

You are all amazing!  Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment